VISAVET-UCM Centre: BSL-3 facilities
November 30th, 2011
Conference in II Jornadas de Transferencia de Tecnología en Seguridad y Defensa. Foro sobre Seguridad y Defensa 2011
The VISAVET Health Surveillance Centre is a centre for research support and teaching at Complutense University of Madrid. The field work of VISAVET includes the following areas: Animal Health, Public Health, Food Safety, Environment.
We are offering:
1. Reference Laboratory of Biological Alert Laboratories Network of Spain (RE-LAB).
2. Biosafety level 3 Area: includes BSL-3 laboratories and BSL-3 animal facilities.
3. Research in bioterrorism agents / diseases
4. Availability and easy access in Madrid
What we are looking for:
The general aims of the Center are Research and Training, together with technology transfer and activities of scientific and technical advice within the areas mentioned above and aimed to the public and private sector. To achieve these objectives the VISAVET Center:
• Participate and co-ordinate R&D projects.
• Transfer the scientific advances to public and private sectors.
• Advise companies and governments together with scientific and technological support.
• Organize training courses and scientific and technical stays, for both students and professionals nationally and internationally.
• Develop outreach activities to bring science closer to the society.
Link to II Jornadas de Transferencia de Tecnología en Seguridad y Defensa. Foro sobre Seguridad y Defensa 2011